You are able to control how and when the app tracks your location.
On Android devices:
- You can change permissions by going to your device's “Settings” > “Apps” (or “Applications” on some devices, then “Application Manager”) > “[App Name]” > “Permissions”
- Once you land on the Permissions screen, you can toggle the "Location" setting on/off.
- When you want to be tracked, turn it on. If you do not want to be tracked, turn it off.
On iOS devices:
- You can change permissions by going to your device's "Settings” > “Privacy” > “Location Services” > “[App Name]”
- Once you land on this screen, you can choose from the following three options: 1) Never, 2) While Using the App, 3) Always.
- When you want to be tracked, select "Always". If you do not want to be tracked at all, select "Never". Or you can choose "While Using the App" if you only want to be tracked when you have the app open (selecting this option means there is no tracking if the app is not open on your screen).